Recorder Of Deeds
GEORGE BAYS, RECORDER OF DEEDS
George Bays was elected Recorder of Deeds in Mississippi County in November 2010. The County Commission voted to separate the offices of Circuit Clerk and Recorder in 2001, then making Recorder of Deeds an elected position. George Bays is the second elected Recorder of Deeds in Mississippi County's history, his office serves a four year term.
AMANDA ATERS - DEPUTY RECORDER OF DEEDS
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RECORDER OF DEEDS:
- Documents describing real rights that are regularly recorded by the recorder of deeds includes deeds, mortgages, mechanics leans, releases, and plats among others. To allow full access to deeds recorded throughout the office history, several indexes are also maintained, which include grantor-grantee indexes, tract indexes, and plat maps
- Marriage License applications / ONLINE MARRIAGE APPLICATION
- Certified copies of Marriage License dating back to the early 1900's
- Filing Military discharge records (DD214) and providing copies at no charge
- Provides Notary Public service for a $5.00 fee per signature
- Official Passport Acceptance Facility for more information visit www.travel.state.gov
MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION
SECC MARRIAGE INFORMATION
Mississippi County Courthouse
200 N. Main St., 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 369
Charleston, MO 63834
Marriage Application Hours
Mon. - Fri.
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(except legal holidays)
Ph: (573) 683-2146 ext 2226
Direct Line (573) 683-2598
Fax: (573) 542-6500